Licensing and terms
SurveyScience Add-in and Library
The add-in and library are distributed under the GPL v3 license. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt for more detail.
Limitations of the Add-in
- Documentation is currently 'sparse' although I'm currently working my way through it.
- I've only tested this in Excel 2010 and 2013. A lot of it was written in Excel 2003 and 2007 so should work. The menu will not though. I no longer have a copy of 2007 and 2003 so I can't test these versions. If it does odd things, don't use it.
- I've only tested it within the bounds of my expectations - beware. Always back up your files and please check that what the macro gives you is correct and sensible.
- Running the chart update macro sometimes makes the charts become very small. This is not a bug in the macro but in Excel. To rectify you'll need to change the default printer, close the file and reopen. I don't know why. All the charts are fine but it does almost give you a heart attack the first time it happens.
- BoxPlot - these will only correctly resize when created. If a workbook containing boxplots is saved, closed and re-opened then the boxplots become charts with lines on. Which is fine until you resize them. Also the number of outliers that are charted is limited to around 250. Hopefully no one has that many outliers.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Articles, Information, etc.
Use the information on this website howsoever you wish. If it doesn't work or gets you into trouble, don't blame me though. I give no guarantee as to the accuracy of the information provided, merely that I thought that it was right at the time.
The same is true of the add-in. Back up your files before running any of the macros. I've made what I thought were reasonable assumptions when writing the macros. You may not think so and it may do something you wish it hadn't.
Please do tell me though if the information is wrong, you have any comments or how you have used the information. It will be interesting for me, if nothing else.